Magformers KS1/KS2 Maths Set
The Magformers KS1/KS2 Maths Classroom Pack is a 172-piece full class set with a strong focus on maths, especially geometry.
It contains the main straight-edged and curved shapes required to successfully cover essential KS1 and KS2 topics and is made up of 24 triangles, 32 squares, 12 hexagons, 12 pentagons, 12 isosceles triangles, 12 diamonds, 12 trapezoids, 12 rectangles, 12 right-angled triangles, 8 quadrants, 8 cylinders (arches), 8 cones, 8 spheres.
In its simplest form for Year One and Year Two maths development, children can identify and describe the different properties of the 13 different single shapes. But it is also designed to allow them to progress their learning and build common 2D nets and 3D solid structures ranging from pyramids and cubes, to spheres and clyliders and more complex Platonic Solids and Archimedean Solids.
Numerous National Curriculum topics can be taught quickly and simply with this set to identify acute and obtuse angles, identify right angles, lines of symmetry, make and measure perimeters of shapes, compare and classify shapes based on size.
In Years 4 and Year 5, classes can use the set to distinguish between regular and irregular polygons and as a visual aid when calculating the area of parallelograms and triangles or calculating, estimating and comparing volume of cubes and cuboids.
It comes with a stackable Really Useful Box storage container so pieces can be quickly and easily packed away at the end of a lesson.
- Makes Platonic and Archimedean Solids, prisms, and common polyhedra.
- Teaches 2D net to 3D correlation for a multitude of shapes
- Curved edge pieces allow recognition and comparison of spheres, cylinders, circles etc.
- Helps children explore edges, angles, tesselation, patterns, symmetry, 2D nets and 3D modelling
- Includes Lesson Plans written by UK maths school teachers and activity sheets.